Our teams always wow us over the Christmas period and the Clarion teams in the South-West didn’t disappoint this year, raising tons of cash for charity too!
Back in August, the pub teams got together to brainstorm some fundraising ideas and each pub decided what would work in their local communities.
Karl Bryant, General Manager at The Huntsman, was the ‘Charity Champion’, catching up with each site to see what they were doing and to offer support.
Martin Ellison, General Manager at The Skylark, took on the role of ‘Mr. Christmas’, running Facebook groups for the Christmas Coordinators and collecting weekly stats for each site, to keep running totals up to date.
All the teams popped on their winter woollies for Christmas Jumper day and held their own individual events too.
Here’s a snapshot of what they got up to (there’s some great inspiration for Christmas 2018!):
- The team at The Stonemasons, Ilminster, ran a cracker raffle and raised £85
- Teammates at The Skylark, Somerset, held a raffle for Save the Children and wore their craziest jumpers, raising a massive £1000
- The team at The Huntsman, Bristol, created a charity chest and raised just over £755
- Team members at The Fox, Bristol, ran a cracker raffle and raised £175
- Teammates at The Inn On The Green, Paignton, ran a Macmillan VW cruise and auction, created a memory tree and held a Christmas grotto every weekend in December for the little ones, raising just under £1000
- The team at The Admirals Table, Bridgwater, collected boxes to donate to local Children’s Hospital (Taunton) and wore their woollies for Christmas Jumper Day, raising £175
- Team members at The Wagtail, Wincanton, ran a Christmas cracker raffle and raised just over £155
- Teammates at Baileys Court Inn, Bristol, asked customers to fill their tree with donations for the local children’s hospice and, with their Christmas jumpers, raised just over £250
- The Team at The Hollow Tree, Bristol, had a toy collection for the local children’s hospital, and they wore their funkiest jumpers, raising £50
- Teammates at the Stag and Hounds, Winscombe, asked customers to fill their tree with donations and, with their Christmas jumpers on, raised over £82
- Team members at The Red Deer, Crediton, gave charity prizes out and wore their sparkly jumpers, raising just over £78
- The team at The Falcon, Wadebridge, ran a raffle for the local children’s hospice, raising £125
Darren Partridge, the Area Operations Manager for Clarion South-West, wants to say a massive well done and thank you to the pub teams for their fab efforts during a really busy time of year!
Well done guys, we can’t wait to see what you do next year! J