Let’s Celebrate Cask Ale Week
It’s time to raise a glass and share our love of the nation’s favourite drink because Cask Ale Week is here...hooray! And, as the UK’s leading brewer of premium cask ale, it’s the perfect excuse (as if we needed one?!) to shout about what we do best – serving the perfect pint.
So, how can you get involved? Here are our top tips for embracing all things Cask Ale Week…
- Join our breweries and celebrate in style with a whole host of activities up and down the country, from quiz nights and festivals to taster events and even a brewery bash. Check out the full line-up below and spread the word with friends and family.
- Sign-up for the World’s Biggest Ale Trail by downloading the Cask Finder app.
- Download the quiz, get the pints in and put your customers, friends or teammates to the test.
- Follow our beer brands on Facebook and Twitter to see and share the latest updates.
- Have a ‘pump takeover’ at your pub, where customers put their pulling power to the test by finding out who can pull the best pint.
- What’s the best combo when it comes to perfect pints and British menu classics? Is it fish n’ chips with a pint of Boondoggle or a hearty steak and ale pie with Pedigree? Give customers the chance to become beer sommeliers for the night and find their perfect match.
- Holding an event at your pub? Let locals and beer enthusiasts know about it at https://caskaleweek.co.uk/get-involved/.
Whatever you get up to, we want to hear about it! Share your videos and pics on social media using
#marstons #caskaleweek or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our breweries are opening their doors and holding fun-fuelled events throughout the week, appealing to both cask ale lovers and newbies alike! Here’s a round-up of what’s going on…
Kicking off the week on 21 Sep is a quiz night and blind taste-testing at Banks’s Brewery. The team’s also running brewery tours on 23 Sep, where you can learn about the intricacies of cask ale and find out what the best beer and food matches are. On 27 Sep, join our brewing experts for beer sampling and then round off the week on 30 Sep with a ‘Best of British Banks’s Day’ – it’s set to be a good old-fashioned knees-up!! Call 01902 329653 to find out more and to book.
Jennings is holding a Taste Cumbria Beer Festival on 22-24 Sep, with comedy, live music and a pub quiz. Entry is free and you’ll also get the chance to taste its new exclusive collaboration beer with Tractor Shed Brewing! Find out more and book here.
On 23 Sep, the team is hosting Oktoberfest – 15 real ales alongside some fantastic Bavarian lagers and a range of tasty traditional German foods (lederhosen optional!). For more info, visit the brewery’s Facebook page.
Over in Witney, there’ll be a beer and food matching night, featuring classic Oxford Fare pairs with Oxfordshire ale. Don’t miss out on some very exclusive, limited edition ale releases too! Call 01993 890800 for more info.
Marston’s, Burton upon Trent
You’re invited to the Burton Beertown Brewery Bash on 23 Sep. There’ll be a host of stand up acts from Snap Comedy, live music from The Lapels and Shallow Waters, delicious stone baked pizza and gourmet food stalls. Not forgetting cask and craft bars serving over 20 beers! Entry is £5 and includes a free pint and glass. Pop along for some real laughs, loads of dancing and a heap of cracking beers! Click here to find out more.
Eagle Brewery, Bedford
Our newest brewery is opening its doors to potential teammates in the search for passionate brewery tour guides. The open invite takes place on 29 Sep, where attendees can join the team, sample the ales and see the brewery in all its glory. For more info, email email@example.com.
Let’s make it a week to remember! Happy Cask Ale Week everyone – cheers 🙂