Reading is power
It’s time to share a story on Thursday 7 March for World Book Day.
Spending just ten minutes a day reading with a child can make a huge difference and its loads of fun! That’s why we’re supporting World Book Day 2019. Some our pubs will be getting involved, so we’ve put together some top tips to help you make the most of it…
- Download the World Book Day resources – think bunting, games, activity sheets, book
marks and reading crowns!
- Organise a family-friendly character event like
our team at The Blaina Wharf in Newport, where little ones can meet Buzz and
Woody from Toy Story.
- Host a book-themed quiz and put your customers
to the test.
- Set up a book-swap in your pub and encourage
customers to leave a book in exchange for taking one away that they haven’t
- What about fancy dress?! It’s not just for the
kids – get together with your teammates and dress up as your favourite book
- Turn your kids’ play area into a quiet reading
zone and encourage customers to stop by on the day to use it. At The Stags
Leap, our teammates have created a cosy book corner for adults and children!
- If you don’t work in one of our pubs, make sure
you spread the word with family and friends.
Whatever you get up to, we want to hear about it! Share your
videos and pics on social media using #wearemarstons #ShareAStory,
or tag us on Instagram using @marstonssnaps. Plus, keep your eyes peeled for
our ‘best bits’ highlights gallery. Let’s make it a day to remember!
Happy reading 🙂